[RndTbl] Sun T2000

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 12 23:18:20 CST 2006

A message from Shawn:

I will be bringing a Sun T2000 machine that I have on demo to the MUUG meeting
tomorrow night for those people interested in taking a look at it.

This is one of the machines using the UltraSPARC T1 (aka Niagra) processor which
has 8 cores on one chip with 4 threads for each core.

http://www.sun.com/t2000/

Here is the output from the operating system showing that it does see 32 actual
processors.

http://www.wallbridge.net/t2000/prtdiag.html

http://www.wallbridge.net/t2000/psrinfo.html

If anyone would like to see something run on it for benchmarking purposes,
please get in touch with me, I don't think we can do it at the meeting, but I
might be able to either get you a shell or run it for you.

I will have some pictures up soon at this URL ...

http://www.wallbridge.net/t2000/images/

thanks
shawn