[RndTbl] (followup) Just installed Fedora 5 - Want to install MPlayer

Mike Pfaiffer mpfaiffer at callapple.org
Sun Jun 11 20:50:54 CDT 2006

On Sunday 11 June 2006 17:36, Theodore wrote this amazing epistle:
> It would appear that whoever maintains the "livna" repo for yum has
> taken care of all of that:
>
> http://stanton-finley.net/fedora_core_5_installation_notes.html (theres
> a section on importing their repo, and then basically you yum -y install
> mplayer)
>
> Theo

	Thanks. It worked very well. It feels as though there is less control than
there was with FC2 and compiling it myself. I did a couple of things out of
sequence but they still work.

Basic steps:
-Get the codecs and put them in the appropriate directory (follow Xine
instructions)
-Add the dries repository to the list in the appropriate directory
(instructions also on the same site)
-Update what's available in yum
-Follow the instructions previously quoted for just MPlayer or the ones on the
site to get the fonts, skins, and GUI as well.

	From there I was up and running.

				Later
				Mike

|Call-A.P.P.L.E. and the Digital Civilization http://www.callapple.org |