[RndTbl] Apache2 modules

Sean Cody sean at tinfoilhat.ca
Wed Jun 7 15:14:40 CDT 2006

On 7-Jun-06, at 12:39 PM, Kevin McGregor wrote:

> mod_ntlm.c:65: warning: conflicting types for built-in function 'log'
> mod_ntlm.c: In function `get_ntlm_connection':
> mod_ntlm.c:453: warning: unsigned int format, long int arg (arg 3)
> mod_ntlm.c:454: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will
> break strict-aliasing rules
> mod_ntlm.c: In function `authenticate_ntlm_user':
> mod_ntlm.c:777: warning: unsigned int format, long int arg (arg 3)

These are not fatal (warnings should be dealt with BEFORE release
instead of ignored but that's just my pedantic view of
development :P) so the mod_ntml.so file should exist _somewhere_.

> /usr/bin/libtool --silent --mode=link gcc -o mod_ntlm.la  -rpath /
> usr/lib/apache2/modules -module -avoid-version    mod_ntlm.lo
> apxs2 -i -a -n 'ntlm' mod_ntlm.so
> /usr/share/apache2/build/instdso.sh SH_LIBTOOL='/usr/bin/libtool'
> mod_ntlm.so /usr/lib/apache2/modules
> /usr/bin/libtool --mode=install cp mod_ntlm.so /usr/lib/apache2/
> modules/
> cp mod_ntlm.so /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_ntlm.so
> cp: cannot stat `mod_ntlm.so': No such file or directory

The file is not not where cp is expecting it to be...
Rebuild the locate database and 'locate' it or find / -name
mod_ntlm.so and see if the path is different than what exists in your
ldconfig paths or the above /usr/lib/apache2/modles thingy... it
could be in a subdirectory of of .../apache2/modules and ldconfig
isn't all that smart so you may have to add the full path
explicitly.  libtool might be smart enough but if it was then this
problem wouldn't be...

Not a solution but at least somewhere to start.

> apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536
Unsigned int overflow (ie. signed equivalent of -1 which is also
known as EXIT_FAILURE (see unistd.h in *bsd) )!

--
Sean