[RndTbl] Part 2 of slow file transfer on a LAN

Mike Pfaiffer mpfaiffer at callapple.org
Thu Feb 2 04:59:55 CST 2006

On February 1, 2006 10:17 pm, Theodore wrote this amazing epistle:
> Mike Pfaiffer wrote:
> >
> >  It worked. I was going to post a copy of the results. M$ ran out of
> > memory (on a 768MB machine, I'd like to know how) and wouldn't open a DOS
> > Window. After a reset, the stats were reset as well. An hour into the
> > process, before it ran out of RAM, it showed no errors.
>
> you mention using winipcfg, I'm assuming you're using windows 9x. This
> is a fairly wide spread problem (windows 9x, 512MB+ ram, and an AGP
> video card) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q253912/

 You hit the nail on the head with that one. Leave it to M$ to make a computer
less capable when the user makes it more capable. I'll try the first two
solutions they suggest. The third is unreasonable. Thanks for the info.

 I started out trying to solve a Linux problem and now I have to solve M$
problems. <sigh>

> Theo

    Later
    Mike