[RndTbl] Problems with Shaw?

Sean Walberg sean at ertw.com
Sun Aug 27 10:54:12 CDT 2006

On 8/27/06, Bill Reid <billreid at shaw.ca> wrote:

> In the process I discovered cacti a replacement for MRTG. If you have
> struggled
> with setting up graphs with MRTG you will love this package. You configure
> everything via a web interface.

It's an amazing package, we use it at Ceridian too.  You can share graph
templates via XML, there's a wealth of stuff that can be monitored that's up
on the Cacti forums, or if you're willing to dig around, make it yourself.

On the topic of MRTG/RRDTool, if anyone's interested in monitoring web
application performance with RRDTool I wrote a tutorial on the subject a few
months ago:  http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/dw-esdd-webperfrrd-i.html
The idea is to be able to graph various components of web site performance
to determine what's to blame (DB, DNS, Internet, etc).

Sean

--
Sean Walberg <sean at ertw.com>    http://ertw.com/