[Fwd: Re: [RndTbl] TTY1 and Starting X Windows]

Montana Quiring montanaq at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 15:06:57 CDT 2006

Sorry, I forgot to CC MUUG.

-Montana

Subject: Re: [RndTbl] TTY1 and Starting X Windows
From:    "Montana Quiring" <montanaq at gmail.com>
Date:    Tue, April 18, 2006 3:05 pm
To:      "Bill Reid" <billreid at shaw.ca>

Thanks for The reply Bill.

I tried changing inittab again and this time around it lets me start X
after I log in. I miht have goofed something last time.

Because these machines are in a lab I want them to log into X
automatically like they were doing, and I don't want the students to have
access to the command line.

Do I need to install a login-manager?

-Montana

"When I give, I give myself.”