[RndTbl] Norton Ghost / re-install Lilo

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Fri Apr 7 21:53:04 CDT 2006

Well, this is definitely one of the trickier things to do with LILO.  If
you had a new enough version of Ghost (7.5+) and were running plain
ext2fs, it should have automatically fixed LILO for you.
However, either that didn't work for you, or you didn't realize it might
and overwrite it right away...
Be aware that if you ghosted with hdb in CHS (or LBA, or BitShift) mode,
you must keep it in that same mode when you move it to hda.
In any event, you'll find the info you need to fix this at:
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LILO-4.html ("Installing hdc to Boot as hda and
Using bios=") <http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LILO-4.html>

-Adam