[RndTbl] drive partitioning for Linux install

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Sun Sep 25 09:47:46 CDT 2005

On 24 Sep, Bill Reid wrote:
>> Almost definitely not possible for numerous reasons.
>
> I think this is very possible. I have shared Mozilla mailboxes between Linux and
> Windows in the past. I saw a couple of references that sharing of Thunderbird
> profiles is also possible.

If you shared the mbox file, wouldn't locking get all wacky?  Say you
were reading your email on Windows while your linux box was POPing some
new mail into it.

And sharing profiles/bookmarks, not to mention cache directories, would
have similar problems, if attempted at the file level.  I think the
safest bet would be to do like Adam suggested and use IMAP and maybe
throw in LDAP for address books or (if Mozilla/TB support it)
application layer roaming capabilities.

A lot of work for a newbie, without a lot of benefits.