[RndTbl] Does anybody have a Sparc boot disk they can lend me?

Mike Pfaiffer mpfaiffer at callapple.org
Tue Sep 13 15:21:07 CDT 2005

On September 13, 2005 12:52 pm, Colin Stanners wrote this amazing epistle:
> > > http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2003/10/msg00236.html
> >
> >  Didn't find this one. I knew they had one but didn't find a reference to
> > it. I take it dd should work with this one?
>
> Found it in my first 10 results ;-) dd should work, yes.

 Interesting. I usually come up with commercial pages as well as social
commentary. Maybe it's the aura I project. I can mess with Google for hours
only to have someone else sit down and find what I was looking for in
seconds. :-)

 I tried dd. No joy. It said it couldn't find anything on the floppy. I may
have entered it wrong. It should be "dd if=root.bin of=/dev/fd0" correct?
BTW, Linux says something is there but it doesn't know what.

    Later
    Mike

|Call-A.P.P.L.E. and the Digital Civilization http://www.callapple.org |
|   http://members.shaw.ca/pfaiffer = Mike Pfaiffer (B.A., B.Sc.)      |