[RndTbl] drive partitioning for Linux install

Trevor Cordes trevor at tecnopolis.ca
Sat Oct 8 21:05:05 CDT 2005

On  4 Oct, Dan Martin wrote:
> It turns out that my BIOS and ATA interface cannot handle HDs bigger
> than 137 GB, so I am switching my new larger drives to another computer
> and using its drives in the P3 - ie, lots of copying drives and partitions.

The easiest way to get big drives working on even ancient computers is
get a PCI IDE card.  Many options are available in the $40-$60 range and
they almost all work with linux OOB.  As for SATA, I've had nothing but
grief with cheap SATA cards and would recommend staying away from them,
esp if you're using FC which seems to be the worst for SATA.