[RndTbl] Making a DVD with opensource

Mike Pfaiffer mpfaiffer at callapple.org
Mon Nov 7 19:21:26 CST 2005

On October 31, 2005 09:43 am, Montana Quiring wrote this amazing epistle:
> Hello,
>  Someone asked about creating a DVD using Linux. I'm not going to be at the
> next MUUG (going to Chicago) but I thought I would share this URL that I've
> recently tried and found works very well:
>  http://www.wlug.org/files/howto_dvd_talk/HOWTO_MAKE_DVD
>  -Montana Quiring

 That was me. I found a couple of hours to give it a try. The approach at the
URL you posted worked for me. It looks as though the options sent to
growisofs before was what was tripping me up. This time the sample file
worked perfectly. The video was too wide for the TV but that's the fault of
the TV. The important thing is I finally got SOMETHING to play. ;-)

 Now I got the first task out of the way, I can experiment with things like
multiple videos, menus, multiple language audio streams (ie. separate
narration), and subtitles. Next summer my friend with the camera is going to
be kept busy.

    Later
    Mike

|Call-A.P.P.L.E. and the Digital Civilization http://www.callapple.org |