[RndTbl] newbie trouble with FC4

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Thu Nov 3 12:06:49 CST 2005

Dan Martin wrote:

> When installing, I enabled / selected kerberos and LDAP, thinking I
> might want them in the future - I did not configure them.  Do I have
> to reinstall without them?

Yup, that's your problem all right...  the PAM authentication subsystem
is attempting to contact the kerberos and/or ldap servers at every
login, but has nowhere to go and so returns failure.

As root, simply run "setup" from a terminal and choose "Authentication
setup", and deselect anything you're not actually using right now.

-Adam