[RndTbl] newbie trouble with FC4

Dan Martin ummar143 at cc.umanitoba.ca
Thu Nov 3 11:35:03 CST 2005

After the 4th install of FC 4, I can finally log in - but only as root.

On the login screen, if I enter the incorrect password, lettering on the
screen changes to indicate an incorrect login, as might be expected.
Using the correct password, a separate dialog box appears saying
"Authentication Failed".  The root name and password is the only
combination that works.

Booting with selinux=0 on the Grub command line does not help.

When installing, I enabled / selected kerberos and LDAP, thinking I
might want them in the future - I did not configure them.  Do I have to
reinstall without them?

--
  -Dan

Dr. Dan Martin, MD, CCFP, BSc, BCSc (Hon)

GP Hospital Practitioner
Computer Science grad student
ummar143 at cc.umanitoba.ca
(204) 831-1746