[RndTbl] Remote X on Fedora Core 3 via SSH

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Thu May 12 11:04:47 CDT 2005

Further to the question about remote X on Fedora.

I was able to get my remote X working via an SSH tunnel simply by
logging in with ssh as follows:

ssh -X <userid>@fedoramachine.com

Once logged in you can invoke any X command and it just works.

The -X option sets up everything for you automatically and note that
"X11Forwarding yes" is still the FC3 default in /etc/ssh/sshd_config.

Perhaps everyone but me knew about this already?

--
John Lange
President OpenIT ltd. www.Open-IT.ca (204) 885 0872