[RndTbl] Advanced file systems

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Tue Jan 4 12:12:33 CST 2005

Hello List.

Does anyone know of a file system that supports dynamic meta-data and
file versioning?

By meta-data, I mean information about the file. Typically this would be
things like created/modified date, etc. but I would like to be able to
store other meta-data, perhaps things like "customer id" etc.

By versioning, I mean, when a file is modified or deleted the previous
version is automatically saved.

I would like this to be a file system available under Linux but I am
curious to hear of any file systems that are like this.

Regards,
--
John Lange