[RndTbl] internet security appliances

Michael J. Dikkema mjd at moot.ca
Wed Feb 9 10:08:00 CST 2005

I work for Qanda Networks, one of the Fortinet gold partners in Winnipeg.
I've put them into healthcare, government, education and financial
institutions with fairly good success.

They have soho boxes starting at around $500-700, I believe, all the way
up to Chassis based solutions. They're hardware based
antivirus/vpn/firewall/ips using their own "FortiASIC".

Their VPN is easier to setup for most people than PIX or IOS, and the
FG-60 does 19-20Mb/s 3DES or AES-128/256 where a PIX 501 or 1711/12 does
3-5 depending on algorithm, I believe.

If you have any questions about them you can contact me on or off list, or
by phone at 204-255-2595.

Also, I was at IPAM for that presentation last year, and if you wanted a
presentation for MUUG I could probably arrange it.

Cheers.

---
Michael J. Dikkema, CCNP, CCIP
Senior Systems Engineer - Qanda Networks
mjd at moot.ca