[RndTbl] Shell programming question

Mike Pfaiffer mpfaiffer at callapple.org
Sat Apr 2 15:11:36 CST 2005

 I'm playing around with a little program called Zenity. It is a simple way to
call up dialog boxes from a shell script. I've been able to produce a couple
of simple examples with just an OK box. There are more complicated examples
I'd like to try (this is going into some articles in Call-A.P.P.L.E.). The
thing is Zenity can return values to the calling script. I'd like to know how
to read these values...

 I have done a bit of research. The UNIX textbook I was using at university
was written around the csh and didn't really have the information I wanted in
a location I could find easily (although I could swear it was there when I
took the course a little over 10 years ago). I looked at the man pages for
Zenity and BASH. I also looked at several examples in the /etc directory
(obviously unsuccessfully). I'll admit to being an airhead occasionally, but
this is a really simple problem. Simple problems are the worst ones to
solve. :-(

    Later
    Mike

|Call-A.P.P.L.E. and the Digital Civilization http://www.callapple.org |