[RndTbl] Bittorrent and Shaw

Kevin McGregor kmcgregor at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 7 22:18:50 CST 2004

About a week ago I downloaded Jon Stewart's appearance on Crossfire
using BitTorrent, and I got a personal record download speed: around 490
KB/s near the end of the download. Mind you, there were around 3000
seeds. Last night I started downloading FreeBSD 5.3 and was getting
around 50 KB/s, but I don't know how many seeds there were (presumably
far fewer).

Does anyone else have anecdotal evidence for us?