[RndTbl] CSV files

John Lange john.lange at bighostbox.com
Tue Jul 13 13:10:33 CDT 2004

Yup "a little awk/perl/sed" is a solution.

Unfortunately I'm no regexp-ert so its many hours for me to perfect
something like that.

If there is an odd number of quotes, read the next line, paste it to the
first and repeat until the line has an even number of quotes and then
write it to a new file.

That does sound feasible.

I had been writing some perl but I hadn't thought of looking for an even
number of quotes so perhaps that will simplify things. I will try that
next.

The Access developer now says that he can write a function to substitute
all cr/lf combinations with <br> which will solve the problem. If that
fails I will fall back on the perl.

By the way, the mdbtools would have been the perfect solution but it
didn't end up working because this is an Access2 database which isn't
supported with mdbtools.

Thanks guys.

John