[RndTbl] Summary of VCD discussion?

Gilbert E. Detillieux gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca
Wed Nov 12 14:08:28 CST 2003

According to Sean A. Walberg:
> A few links and projects that handled transcoding and making of [S]VCDs
> were mentioned last night.  Could anyone who was taking notes post a
> summary?

The GNU program I mentioned, but couldn't remember the actual name, was
"vcdimager".  If you go to their home page, it says the site is closed as a
protest against software patents, and it redirects you somewhere else
(swpat.ffii.org).  But, you can still go to specific pages within the site
if you enter their URL's.  A good one to look at is this...

	http://www.vcdimager.org/links.phtml

It contains links to documentation, and various other utilities and guides
that may be helpful.  What I haven't yet found, which would be helpful too,
is a good tutorial overview of the different formats and encodings involved
in VCD's and DVD's and what the layout and content of the ISO image portion
is supposed to be.

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux		E-mail:	<gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca>
Dept. of Computer Science	Web:	http://www.cs.umanitoba.ca/~gedetil/