[RndTbl] Hey, old-timers!

Gilles Detillieux grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca
Fri May 30 10:24:35 CDT 2003

According to Glen Ditchfield:
> How big would a gigabyte of punched cards be?

Well, 2^30/80 is 13,421,773 cards.  Anyone remember how many cards fit
in one of those big flat boxes they came in?  If it was 5000, it would
take 2,685 of these boxes to store a gig.  What weight and volume that
would occupy, I couldn't say at this point.  Trouble with us old timers
is our memory starts to fail.  :-P  Anyone still have one of those big
flat boxes of cards?

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <grdetil at scrc.umanitoba.ca>
Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW:    http://www.scrc.umanitoba.ca/