[RndTbl] Linux kernel "Failed to calculate dependencies"

Brian Doob bdoob at acm.org
Thu May 15 19:26:49 CDT 2003

	I just recompiled my kerne after changing some configurations (removed framebuffer support, changed IDE configuration, some minor things).  I'm running Gentoo Linux (the 1.4, gcc3.2.2 variety) with the "gs-sources" 2.4.21_pre7-gss kernel.  Now when I boot, I get the following message:

* Failed to calculate dependancies

My ethernet (8139too) and nvidia modules load properly.  Then I run "emerge alsa-driver" (because ALSA needs to be recompiled after the kernel).  Now, I can't load ethernet, sound or nvidia.  Here are some of my kernel boot up messages (there are others between theese):

* Failed to calculate dependancies
* Failed to load 8139too
* Failed to load nvidia
* Failed to bring up eth0 up

What do I need to do to make the kernel load its modules properly?  Thanks.

			-Brian