[RndTbl] LCD tips tricks and traps

Mel Seder melseder at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 19:18:07 CDT 2003

The following info came from TLUG I didn't do the math but I think I
understand what is being said.  Are the native resolutions determined
by the factory (hardware) or can software settings manipulate native
resolutions?

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 03:38:40PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote

> Actually the only real issue with LCD screens is:
>
> Only use the native resolution and never use anything else, unless it

is
> an exact integer divisor of the native resolution.
>
> So a 1600x1200 LCD can be used at 800x600 as well, and 400x300, but
you
> really don't want any others.
>
> A 1280x1024 LCD on the other hand has basically no other reasonable
> resolutions it can display.

=====
The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him
absolutely no good. -Samuel Johnson, lexicographer (1709-1784)