[RndTbl] LCD Monitors

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 18 15:45:18 CDT 2003

I am using a Nec LCD1700 1280x1024.  Works fine.

The big cavet is what Shawn mentioned below. First decide on what
resolution you would like then get a monitor to match. For example I
wanted at least 1280x1024 but not all 17" LCDs supported it. Running it
at a different resolutions is usually not pleasant.

As far as repairing your Viewsonic I would agree that if it is out of
warranty then it may not be worth fixing. I have taken monitors into The
Videon Re-fit store. They will give you an estimate for a small fee. If
you do not go ahead with it you do not get the estimate fee back but it
can be applied to another estimate.

-- Bill