[RndTbl] Apache/SSL

Raymond J. Henry rayhenry at nashmet.com
Wed Apr 16 17:24:50 CDT 2003

Anyone with Apache/SSL experience care to lend a helping hand?

I've got Apache compiled with mod_ssl, and it seems to be working fine. In
fact, I know that part is working fine. Where my trouble lies is with
forcing it to look look for the userID/password to access the directory. It
allows any conenction to view the page, without prompting for userID/PW.
httpd.conf points traffic for hermes.manitobamall.net to
/www/htdocs/manitobamall/.

Looked around for everything I could find on the 'Net, and tried all
variations of examples, still the same.
____________________

/www/htdocs/test/.htaccess:

AuthUserFile /www/pw/.file-password