[RndTbl] Linux professional or advanced that is the question?

Hartmut W Sager hwsager at mts.net
Wed Sep 18 05:56:25 CDT 2002

> I fear RH has created a crippled version of Linux, RH 7.3 and a full
> version, Advanced server. RH7.3 is the shareware version and Advanced
> server is the full version you pay throught the nose for.
> Am I getting paranoid? I have pushed to use
> linux as the alternative O/S. I am now questioning my convictions. I am
> seeing shades of gate's company. ...........
> Can I solicit some opinions?

I certainly agree that there are shades of Gates here when it comes to
Red Hat's behaviour and practises, and therefore, if Red Hat were the
only Linux provider, you'd have reason to question your convictions (for
Linux in corporate use).

But, you've forgotten one of the beauties of Linux - multiple distributions
from independent organizations and companies - so that we never end up
in a "Microsoft" situation.

Hartmut