[RndTbl] ipchicken.com and access by an outside PC

Mel Seder melseder at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 6 19:29:09 CDT 2002

I'm running Red Hat 7.3 (KDE) behind a firewall (a lan fed by a
router).

I'd like to be able to SSH into my computer from the outside world and
wonder what needs to done to get at my machine.  When I installed 7.3 I
chose the NO firewall option.

IPChicken displayed my IP address as it is known to the outside world
and Leo Laporte of the Screen Savers TV show on Tech TV mentioned
something about DMZ for people behind a firewall.  I don't know what he
was referring to.  Would someone please enlighten me :-)

=====
"The sooner you make five thousand mistakes,  the sooner you will be able to correct them." - Kimon Nicolaides