[RndTbl] New kernel for Red Hat 8.0

Mel Seder melseder at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 17 19:29:08 CDT 2002

I let the automated up2date agent on my panel do it's thing on both my
PC's.

I was able to boot one PC but not the other.  It just sat there with
the HD activity light on after I selected,  actually it was defaulted
for me,
to load the newest kernel.  I did a three finger salute and re-booted
using the prior kernel version.

I'd like to be running the newer version and am wondering if installing
the new version by using the RPM for it would be easier than
re-installing 8.0 and letting Red Hat go out and do it's own update of
the kernel again.

What are your suggestions and thoughts?

=====
MelSeder at yahoo.com
"The sooner you make five thousand mistakes,  the sooner you will be able to correct them." - Kimon Nicolaides