[RndTbl] mpg/mpeg video player for Red Hat 8.0

Mike Pfaiffer mike at digitalcivilization.ca
Mon Oct 7 12:30:51 CDT 2002

Mel Seder wrote:
> I can't seem to find a movie player for 8.0.
>
> Can anyone tell me what program to run or suggest a good video player
> to download?
>

> =====
> MelSeder at yahoo.com
> "The sooner you make five thousand mistakes,  the sooner you will be able to correct them." - Kimon Nicolaides

	Mplayer. Look for it under google. Grab the win32 codecs and install them
in the appropriate area before making the program. My friend Todd says
not to bother with the latest version. The fastest ones are the Pre3 or
Pre5. Pre8 (the latest) is starting to support Real Media files if you
already have RP8 installed. Pre9 should have them. If you have a fast
computer, Pre7 is acceptable. Works better than Pre5 on my 166.

	BTW, a friend found a fully licensed DVD player program for Linux.

	See you tomorrow.

				Later
				Mike

|  Digital Civilization magazine: http://www.digitalcivilization.ca    |
|   http://members.shaw.ca/pfaiffer = Mike Pfaiffer (B.A., B.Sc.)      |
| See my web page before you think about spamming me. I charge cash.   |