[RndTbl] procedure for setting up tftp server RH 7.2

S/C Conway seconway at mts.net
Wed May 29 20:47:16 CDT 2002

G'Day,
    Does anyone have a procedure for configuring tftp server on RH7.2?

    I have installed the rpm and can start the server. It appears in a
netstat -aln till I try and access it. The daemon then drops and has to
be manually restarted. I am looking for a setup procedure or a link to a
procedure if anyone has had success.

    Enclosed is the /etc/xinetd.d/tftp configuration so far:

# default: off
transfer \
#       protocol.  The tftp protocol is often used to boot diskless \
#       workstations, download configuration files to network-aware
printers, \
#       and to start the installation process for some operating
systems.
service tftp
{
        disable = no
        socket_type             = dgram
        protocol                = udp
        wait                    = yes
        user                    = root
        server                  = /usr/sbin/in.tftpd
        server_args             = -cls /tftpboot
        log_on_success          +=USERID
        log_on_failure          +=USERID
        per_source              = 11
        cps                     =100 2