[RndTbl] hot hard drives

Kevin McGregor kmcgregor at shaw.ca
Sat May 18 10:00:05 CDT 2002

 From what I've heard, some drives just run much hotter than others.
I've read some hard drive comparison reviews that include
temperature-related info. I have a Fujitsu 3.2 G that runs really cool.
I've used Western Digital, Fujitsu and Maxtor, and while some are hotter
than others, I haven't had a heat-related problem that I've noticed, and
I leave my computers on all the time. I've never used a Samsung hard drive.

If you want to head over to Computer [Avenue|Boulevard], you can get a
3.5" to 5.25" mounting kit for $3.95. It's basically two pieces of metal
which you screw on to your drive, one per side, and then you can mount
it like a 5.25" drive in the larger drive bay.