[RndTbl] Thanks! and kudzu?

millward millward at Ms.UManitoba.CA
Mon May 13 08:24:39 CDT 2002

Thanks to the good advice I got from this roundtable
I've got   cdparanoi  and cdrecord working just fine.
Originally, cdrcord -scanbus showed nothing, but after
I followed your instructions, all worked out OK.
I got a couple of CDs ripped and burned and they
play just fine.
  cdparanoia  -v -s -B
   cdrecord -v speed=4 dev=0,1,0 -audio -pad  track*.cdc.wav
   But a question or two about   fstab
Right now I've got:
   For my normal Creative cdrom
/dev/sd0  /mnt/cdrom1  auto defaults,ro,noauto,usr,exec 0 0
   For the OptoRite burner
/dev/sd1 /mnt/cdrom2   iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro  0 0
The last one was created by Red Hat.
  What's  kudzu ?  I've read the   man mount but there's
no kudzu there.  What does it do?

.