[RndTbl] Canadian Linux User Exchange reorganization

bill traynor btraynor at rogers.com
Tue Jul 9 22:44:57 CDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 08:15, bill traynor wrote:
> Announcement and formal Invitation to discussions:
>
> On Tuesday, July 9, 2002 discussion will begin regarding the definition,
> organization and relaunch of the Canadian Linux Users Exchange (CLUE).
> exclusively.

> What CLUE is, What CLUE does, Why CLUE exists will be discussed.

The first day of discussion regarding the reorganization of CLUE went
very well.  We had representation from several LUGs across Canada and
many good ideas were discussed including:

- forming a formal lobbying group for government funding of opensource
projects
- creation of a national organization of Linux professionals, not unlike
how engineers are organized today
- formalize an advocacy program to increase the number of women working
with Linux and opensource in Canada
- etc. etc.

As our mailing list archival functionality is broken, I've resorted to
mailing a 40 kb tarball to anyone who is interested in the days
threads.  NOTE: If you post to a thread that you find in the tarball,
try your best to maintain the Subject: line.  It's greatly appreciated.

http://www.linux.ca/lists/ and posts your opinion on what you think a
National Linux organization should be, should do, etc.  The discussions
are ongoing on this list.

Thanks
Bill Traynor