[RndTbl] SCSI emulation returns... burner works

millward millward at Ms.UManitoba.CA
Mon Jul 8 16:16:47 CDT 2002

In  grub.conf  I added   hdc=ide-scsi
and Red Hat automatically updated fstab during boot.
cdrecord -scanbus  showed a device at  0,0,0
  I had prepared a file in   /usr/LTSP using
mkisofs -r -J -o /usr/LTSP/ltsp.iso  /usr/LTSP
  ( got this from an English Linux magazine.
    I can never understand man documents )
So I tried to burn a CD using
   cdrecord -v dev=0,0,0 speed=4 /usr/LTSP/ltsp.iso
and it looked good.  I booted into ms windows and
the CD is readable under DOS too.
   Thanks for all the advice.
   I would never have figured this out on my own.
Strange that in 7.2, grub didn't need the statement
hdc=ide-scsi, but I quess things change all the time.
    Thanks again!