[RndTbl] Wrong Address E mail

Sean A. Walberg sean at ertw.com
Sun Jan 13 20:51:51 CST 2002

Most spam is like that, from what I've seen.  It's no different than a
BCC.  The address in the To/CC headers really has nothing to do with the
address used for delivery (negotiated within SMTP).

BTW, has anyone had any experience with Razor (for spam detection)?

Sean

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, author wrote:

>  I got an e-mail today addressed to someone else.
> It was aimed at someone with a  @hotmail  account.
> I don't have a @hotmail account.
> The e-mail had an address totally different from mine,
> but I ended up with it.  Advertising for some wretched
> diet scheme.
>   Why would an ISP send one of its clients e-mail
> not addressed to that client ?
>  Is it a server problem or the client's mail software?
> Or perhaps, internet voodo?

Sean A. Walberg <sean at ertw.com>                    http://www.ertw.com
Join the weekly cramsession.com Linux newsletter for news and resources!
Archives and more info at http://www.ertw.com/~sean/newsletter