[RndTbl] New Printer suggestions request

Mike Pfaiffer mike at digitalcivilization.ca
Thu Aug 22 11:36:35 CDT 2002

Mel Seder wrote:
> I run Red Hat 7.3 and Windows 98
>
> I don't do too much text printing but have a digital camera and do
> print pics on Glossy Photo Paper both 8.5 x 11 and 4 x 6 sizes.
>
> I expect to pay between $300 and $400 for a decent printer.
>
> Please share your knowledge or experience with me :-)
>
> =====
> "The sooner you make five thousand mistakes,  the sooner you will be able to correct them." - Kimon Nicolaides

	First check the compatibility list. In fact is you can print it out,
bring it with you when you go looking at machines. Parallel printers
generally work fine. The only thing a little confusing is having to set
up your network control panel if you are connected to the net with
high-speed. Otherwise your lpd doesn't work. I'm told dial-up machines
are not as fussy.

	My Canon 4400 works fine. It picks up the colour commands with little
effort. I have a switchbox and have an HP IIIp on the second setting. I
haven't used it with 7.3 because I don't have the cash for another
cartridge. Still, it worked great with 7.2.

	Is there anything specific you'd like to know?

				Later
				Mike

|  Digital Civilization magazine: http://www.digitalcivilization.ca    |
|   http://members.shaw.ca/pfaiffer = Mike Pfaiffer (B.A., B.Sc.)      |
| See my web page before you think about spamming me. I charge cash.   |