[RndTbl] CD, VCD & DVD Burning

John Lange john.lange at bighostbox.com
Sat Dec 2 22:42:20 CST 2000

At a recent MUUG meeting someone was asking about burning VCDs (Video
CDs). I believe the consensus at the meeting was that burning under
Linux was comprised of a hodge-podge of various command line tools for
converting video formats and burning making it quite difficult at best.

I recently stumbled on the following software:

http://www.k3b.org/

which seems to bring everything under one roof and claims to do CD, VCD,
and DVD burning all in one application (it does not appear to be just a
GUI front end to command line tools).

However, I do not currently have a burner to test it with so I was
hoping someone from the group could give it a whirl and report back on
success?

Thanks.

--
John Lange