[Muug] MUUG Meeting, Dec 12, 7:30pm -- KeePass, Round-table, Mingling and Munchies

MUUG meeting announcements muug-announce at muug.ca
Tue Dec 5 10:23:50 CST 2017

*** Please note the updated meeting location below ***

The Manitoba UNIX User Group (MUUG) will be holding its next monthly
meeting on Tuesday, December 12.  The meeting topic for this month is as
follows:

    KeePass

    Wyatt Zacharias will give a short demonstration of KeePass.

    KeePass is a free open source password manager, which helps you to
    manage your passwords in a secure way. KeePass is fully open
    source (OSI certified). You can have a look at its full source and
    check for yourself whether the encryption algorithms are
    implemented correctly.

    Round-table, Mingling and Munchies

    As 2017 draws to a close, MUUG continues our recent tradition of
    turning the December meeting into more of a social event. We will
    have the usual round-table session, followed by a mini-presentation,
    and then have some time for mingling, eating, and drinking.

    *This will be a pot-luck snack event.* Cookies and pop will be
    provided by MUUG, but members are encouraged to bring their own
    finger food to sample and share. Feel free to bring your own drink
    as well if you want something particular - just remember that we
    don't have a liquor license!

    Winnipeg Harvest Food Drive

    Also as in previous years, we will combine our pot luck with a
    food drive for Winnipeg Harvest. This month, any member who brings
    at least 1 item for Winnipeg Harvest to the December meeting will
    be given an entry into the door prize draw!

    Winnipeg Harvest has information about what they're looking for on
    their website:

	http://winnipegharvest.org/donate-food/

The group usually holds its meetings at 7:30pm on the second Tuesday of
every month from September to June.  (There are no meetings in July and
August.) Meetings are open to the general public; you don't have to be a
MUUG member to attend.

    Please note our *NEW* meeting location for this month: *Room 1C16A*
    Centennial Hall, University of Winnipeg, entrance on Ellice Ave.
    between Spence St. and Balmoral St.

    Parking is available on the surrounding streets and in the lots
    on nearby streets.  Look for signage once you're at the building,
    or ask a security guard.

For more information about MUUG, and its monthly meetings, check out
their web server:

	https://muug.ca/

Help us promote this month's meeting, by putting this poster up on your
workplace bulletin board or other suitable public message board:

	https://muug.ca/meetings/MUUGmeeting.pdf

--
Manitoba UNIX User Group	E-mail: <gedetil at muug.ca>
c/o Gilbert E. Detillieux	Web:	http://muug.ca/