[Muug] Update: MUUG Meeting, Jan 10, 7:30pm -- Webmin, Room 1L11, Lockhart Hall

MUUG meeting announcements muug-announce at muug.ca
Wed Jan 4 10:13:51 CST 2017

*** Please note the updated meeting location below ***

The Manitoba UNIX User Group (MUUG) will be holding its next monthly
meeting on Tuesday, January 10.  The meeting topic for this month is
as follows:

    Webmin

    "Webmin is a web-based interface for system administration for
    Unix. Using any modern web browser, you can setup user accounts,
    Apache, DNS, file sharing and much more. Webmin removes the need
    to manually edit Unix configuration files like /etc/passwd, and
    lets you manage a system from the console or remotely."  Adam
    Thompson will demonstrate the installation and use of Webmin as
    an alternative to editing config files and using the command line.

    RTFM: fio

    This month's RTFM will be presented by Wyatt Zacharias, who will
    talk about the fio(1) command. The "flexible I/O tester," fio
    is "a tool that will spawn a number of threads or processes doing
    a particular type of I/O action," usually "to write a job file
    matching the I/O load one wants to simulate."

The group holds its general meetings at 7:30pm on the second Tuesday of
every month from September to June.  (There are no meetings in July and
August.) Meetings are open to the general public; you don't have to be a
MUUG member to attend.

    Please note our *NEW* meeting location for this month: *Room 1L11*
    Lockhart Hall, University of Winnipeg, entrance on Ellice Ave.
    between Spence St. and Balmoral St.

    Parking is available on the surrounding streets and in the lots
    on nearby streets.  Look for signage once you're at the building,
    or ask a security guard.

For more information about MUUG, and its monthly meetings, check out
their web server:

	https://muug.ca/

Help us promote this month's meeting, by putting this poster up on your
workplace bulletin board or other suitable public message board:

	https://muug.ca/meetings/MUUGmeeting.pdf

--
Manitoba UNIX User Group	E-mail: <gedetil at muug.ca>
c/o Gilbert E. Detillieux	Web:	https://muug.ca/