[Muug] Reminder: MUUG Meeting Tonight, 7:30pm -- Round-table, Mingling and Munchies

MUUG meeting announcements muug-announce at muug.mb.ca
Tue Dec 10 13:48:14 CST 2013

Howdy folks!

A reminder that the MUUG meeting is tonight, December 10, with the
following topic:

    Round-table, Mingling and Munchies

    As the year draws to a close, we've decided to continue our
    not-quite-yet-tradition of turning the December meeting into
    more of a social event.  We'll have the usual round-table
    session, which can run longer than average since there's no
    pressure to fit the presentation in, followed by time for
    mingling and eating and drinking instead of the usual short
    coffee break.  This will be a "pot-luck" event, like we've done
    in the past.  Some food and drink will be provided by MUUG, but
    members are encouraged to bring food to sample.  Feel free to
    bring your own drink, too, if you want something particular
    just remember, please, that we don't have a liquor license!

    Winnipeg Harvest Food Drive

    Also as in previous years, we're combining this with a food
    drive for Winnipeg Harvest.  We'd like members to bring some
    non-perishable food item for donation to the food bank.  They
    have information about what they're looking for on their
    website.  Winnipeg Harvest has apparently been running a
    shortfall all year, and needs your donations!

	http://winnipegharvest.org/donate-food/

So, please come, one and all, with a snack item to share with the group,
and a non-perishable food item for Winnipeg Harvest.

Hope to see you there!...

    Please note our *NEW* meeting location for this month: Room 1L08,
    Lockhart Hall, University of Winnipeg, entrance on Ellice Ave.
    between Spence St. and Balmoral St.

    Parking is available on the surrounding streets and in the lots
    on nearby streets.  Look for signage once you're at the building,
    or ask a security guard.

Gilbert E. Detillieux		E-mail: <gedetil at muug.mb.ca>
Manitoba UNIX User Group	Web:	http://www.muug.mb.ca/
PO Box 130 St-Boniface		Phone:  (204)474-8161
Winnipeg MB CANADA  R2H 3B4	Fax:    (204)474-7609