[Muug] MUUG Meeting, Feb 8, 7:30PM -- Revolution OS

muug-announce at muug.mb.ca muug-announce at muug.mb.ca
Tue Feb 1 11:53:04 CST 2005

[Posted to man.unix.general and other news groups]
------ Forwarded Article <ctofk5$5lu$1 at canopus.cc.umanitoba.ca>
------ From gedetil at cs.umanitoba.ca (Gilbert E. Detillieux)

The Manitoba UNIX User Group (MUUG) will be holding its next monthly
meeting on Tuesday, February 8.  The meeting topic for this month is
as follows:

   Revolution OS

   Since  our scheduled presenter (that would be Shawn) had an unexpected
   business trip, we will be showing Revolution OS. So bring your popcorn.
   Revolution OS tells the inside story of the hackers who rebelled against
   the proprietary software model and Microsoft to create GNU/Linux and the
   Open Source movement. There are interviews with Linus Torvalds, Richard
   Stallman, Bruce  Perens,  Eric Raymond, Brian Behlendorf, Michael Tiemann,
   Larry Augustin, Frank Hecker, and Rob Malda (from Slashdot). For more
   information on Revolution OS, visit the website at www.revolution-os.com.

The group holds its general meetings at 7:30 PM on the second Tuesday of
every month from September to June.  (There are no meetings in July and
August.) Meetings are open to the general public; you don't have to be a
MUUG member to attend.

   Please note our meeting location: The IBM offices, at 400 Ellice Ave.
   (between Edmonton and Kennedy). When you arrive, you will have to
   sign in at the reception desk, and then wait for someone to take you
   (in groups) to the meeting room. Please try to arrive by about 7:15
   PM, so the meeting can start promptly at 7:30 PM. Don't be late, or
   you may not get in.

   Limited parking is available for free on the street, or in a lot
   across Ellice from IBM, for $1.00 for the evening. Indoor parking is
   also available nearby, at Portage Place, for $2.00 for the evening.
and "roundtable".  If you're not already on these lists, we encourage you
to subscribe now:

The "muug-announce" list is used for monthly meeting announcements (such
as this one) as well as other important announcements of interest to MUUG
members.

The "rountable" list is meant to be a forum for follow-ups to topics
discussed at the meetings, or for round-table-style discussion on other
topics that come up between meetings.  Of course, for this to be effective,
we need to reach a certain critical mass.  So, please subscribe, and stay
involved!

--
Gilbert E. Detillieux		E-mail: <gedetil at muug.mb.ca>
Manitoba UNIX User Group	Web:	http://www.muug.mb.ca/