[*] Looking for ISP in Rural Manitoba - Ashern/Gillam/Grand Rapids/Others

Theodore Baschak theodore at ciscodude.net
Sun Mar 19 14:58:13 CDT 2017

MTS DSL may be available in some of these locations.

ASHERN
Manitoba Hydro Telecom (MHT) has service just north of town and the are
several ISPs piggybacking off of that.
Its been a while since I had dealings in that area so I can't recall names
any more.
MHT themselves may be able to provide service for the right price if you
need that that much, or provide a list of their customers who might be able
to provide service.

GILLAM
Commstream has extensive options in Gillam

GRAND RAPIDS
Broadband Communications North I believe has coverage there

ROBLIN
Theres a new ISP starting up called Spliced Networks, but I don't think
they're established yet.

SELKIRK
Several options including Quickstream, High Speed Crow, Wiband

SNOW LAKE
Genes Telecom (based out of The Pas) and Commstream

I maintain a list of ISPs running BGP at https://bgp.guru/bgp/mb/ however
there are some smaller ISPs not running BGP that don't appear on this list
at all. BCN, and RioNet, for example.

Theodore Baschak - AS395089 - Hextet Systems
https://bgp.guru/ - https://hextet.net/
http://mbix.ca/ - http://mbnog.ca/