[*] Asterisk on Raspberry Pi - My journey

Hernan Popper hernanp at key.com.ar
Tue Jan 22 10:01:11 CST 2013

Lots of activity online for the RPI, as an Asterisk PBX, a XBMC media
server, and hundred of applications. I had one running PIAF for RPI for 10
weeks forwarding some remote DIDs to my cell phone via GVoice, not a single
problem or reboot required.

I started migrating my 7 years old IBM to my RPI. 90% of migration is done,
some extra dids and disa/IVR tweaking still required, but is already
routing calls and WAF is at 95%.

Biggest challenge was configuring successfuly the SPA3000 as an FXO
gateway. Details available if interested! I'm not ready yet to drop my MTS
line, time will tell.

It looks like the little thing is good enough to run up to 10 simultaneous
calls (as per online discussions)... good enough as a remote asterisk for
remote locations, which some of you may find interesting!

I'll be ordering a second SPA3000, another RPI, power supply and SD card to
have a complete cold backup system.

If anybody has some spares not being used (SPA3000, RPI), let me know and
I'm a buyer!
I also have some older (but never used) IP phones I bought some time ago
(AASTRA, Polycom), collecting dust. Drop me a note if interested.

Next experiment in the to-do list, running Asterisk in a windows 7
virtualbox instance. Now that I have the FXO figured out, it might be
another option for my communication dreams...

Hernan