[*] Interesting question

John Lange john at johnlange.ca
Thu Jan 17 00:02:13 CST 2013

I second Twilio. If for no other reason, it's way cooler than PHP and AGI.
PHP is so last decade! ;)

But if I was going to do it with Asterisk, I'd just write a file into *
/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/*. Not fancy but easy and reliable.

This link: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+auto-dial+out has
the details on the 4 primary ways of triggering a call in Asterisk.

John

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Sean Walberg <sean at ertw.com> wrote:

> Just for fun a Click to call example I did using Twilio a while back:
> https://github.com/swalberg/guido
>
> It gets the contact details from Freshbooks, figures out your invoices
> due, then presents a click to call interface so you can do collections. As
> Adam said, you're usually nailing up two legs and tying them together.
>
> Sean
>

> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Akash Deep Singh <
> akashdeepsingh at dsicanada.com> wrote:
>
>> How can we use asterisk to make a call from php based website. ****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> For e.g. I have an asterisk based system and website or a php page
>> showing list of people with their numbers.  So what I want to do is click
>> the number and call goes through my asterisk system.  I could answer it
>> using my deskphone or softphone. ****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Can we use TAPI or some sort of script in php to pass the number to
>> asterisk. ****

> --
> Sean Walberg <sean at ertw.com>    http://ertw.com/

John Lange