[*] Rogers One Number - aka VoIP connection

Dan Keizer ve4drk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 15:04:24 CDT 2012

Interesting ...

I have a rogers wireless cell phone.
They had come out previously with a Rogers "one-number" web client.  (a
google-voice type of service - multi-ring)
Fine in itself for what it does -- but recently they came out with direct
mail ads indicating you can purchase their end-user device (basically a
PAP2-like thing from what it looks like) and tack-on about $10 a month and
you have another extention to your cell service.

Firing up wireshark does show a sip connection and it does allocate a 204
area code number to handle the registration.
In my case, it was <sip:+1204315xxxx at onenumber.rogers.com ... which
actually registers to 67.231.212.230
Phoning the number does ring my web-based onenumber session on my pc.

Testing it out further, I added it as a sip trunk to my pbx .. came back
with :
"Got SIP response 513 "Message Too Large" back from .... "

I have to assume I have to pay the monthly fee to have it work -- but
curious if anyone else did get it registered with either their pap2 or pbx?

Dan.