[*] Cyber Security Meeting

Dan Keizer dan at keizer.ca
Tue Oct 16 12:53:26 CDT 2012

Hi there -- our local CIPS group is holding a meeting tonight that some of
you might be interested in, so I'll pass along this info below.

Dan.

CIPS Presents “Cyber Security: Local Boundaries in an Open World”
Date:
Tue, 10/16/2012
Event Location:
The Norwood Hotel

*CIPS Presents “Cyber Security: Local Boundaries in an Open World”*

With the increase in global security risks and threats to
private/public/corporate information, the cyber security community’s
ability to maintain a constant state of readiness is more critical than
ever. Companies all over the world have spent billions of dollars in
response to data breaches. What has been the impact of these threats in our
own local community? Join us at our next dinner meeting on *Tuesday,
October 16th - 5:30 P.M. at the Norwood Hotel *where you will be able to
learn, share, and connect with your colleagues in the IT community about
these issues. *See registration details below. *The theme for this dinner
meeting is *“Cyber Security: Local Boundaries in an Open World”* and will
include perspectives from our own local IT community. For this event, we
have assembled a panel of senior IT Security leaders representing public
and private enterprises including provincial government, global
corporations, and small and medium-size business. The panel includes:*Patrick
Hoger, Chief Information Security Officer, Information Protection Centre,
Manitoba Government; Chris Dunn, Information Security Consultant, C.H. Dunn
Consulting, Michael Legary, Chief Strategy Officer, Seccuris Inc., and
Mishael Halldorsson, Senior Secuirty Analyst, Manitoba eHeath. *This will
be an open information exchange between members of the panel where they
will share their perspectives and views on a variety of questions dealing
with these challenges. We will examine how these leaders address these
issues within their respective organizations, are dealing with the threats
and risks to critical information and infrastructure, the inevitable
changes and challenges in managing cyber security, the business and
organizational drivers, as well as the types of solutions being recommended
and deployed to address the multitude of security and privacy challenges
such as:

·         BYOD and mobile proliferation
·         Cloud and multi-tenancy
·         Data protection
·         Growth of federated Identity Management
·         Anytime/everywhere information resource provisioning

*Register early, you won't want to miss out on this exciting discussion!