[*] Asterisk in Winnipeg

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Tue Sep 13 16:20:52 CDT 2011

There are quite a few providers, especially now that VoIP has achieved commodity status.
Any telephone vendor should be able to do it, and many networking firms can also do it.  If you don't have your IT consultants involved from the get-go, you'll wind up spending a lot of time acting as go-between, so make sure whoever runs your network now is on-board from the very beginning.
Be aware that it might be cheaper to install a completely separate network with new wiring, etc. if your network isn't ready... And at that point toy should also be asking if a VoIP solution is right for you.
If your IT vendor doesn't have any particular recommendations, talk to Epic on the networking-->VoIP side, and either Easton or TelExperts on the phone-->VoIP side to see which approach you're more comfortable with.
Of course, MTS will happily sell you a VoIP system, too... For a ridiculous amount of money, usually.
Always remember to find out if you can dial 911 from whatever system is being proposed, and get details in writing of how that will work - any solution that ignores this is a clear mark (in my opinion) of amateur work.  (Many VoIP providers don't support emergency calls at all.)
-Adam Thompson
 athompso at athompso.net