[*] Last night's meeting

Bill Reid billreid at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 2 20:40:37 CDT 2011

We had a very good meeting last night. Attendance was good(I think around 16).

The general discussion was mostly about IPv6. Note: Mark Jenkins will present
"Migrating to IPv6" at next week's Muug meeting.
http://muug.mb.ca/meetings/11-12.html#nov

Ron Dallmeier talk about MRnet's topology and the new Google supplied caching
server.

John Lange and others from Epic talked about Microsoft Linc and demoed the
Polycom CX5000 360-degree video conference phone.

Les Bester and Jeff Klause talked about setting up a Manitoba Internet
Exchange(similar to TorIX).

There was a lively discussion around all three topics. Thanks to all for the
presentations and the discussion.

The last topic that I raised just for people to think about was the suggestion
that we change the name of the group. The Asterisk group covers a wide range of
networking topics but for the last few years Asterisk is a small part of those
discussions. Generally the discussion is around some form of networking and
often some form of voice communication. I look forward to any comments.

-- Bill