[*] audio delay

Chris Friesen cfriesen at telenium.ca
Fri Mar 11 12:21:13 CST 2011

I have a peculiar issue, looking for some expert insight

I’m using a Switchvox (flavour of Asterisk installed) box, with an MTS pri and we are experiencing about a 5-7 second audio delay on many (not all) inbound and outbound calls.  E.g. I call out but the called person can’t hear me for a few seconds. Similar on the inbound. The delay has only started in the past month or so. The box has been restarted and MTS has indicated they are ‘seeing’ any problems from their side.

When I record calls, I never hear any issues on the recording.

It’s a Digium PRI card  Wildcard TE122 w/ hardware echo cancel

PRI switch type is set to National ISDN 2, echo cancel tail 512, tx gain -6.00, using cisco 504G phones

The phones are on a vlan, to separate traffic from PC’s.

Thanks

chris