[*] Garbled Outbound Audio

Bergen, Mark mbergen at obsglobal.com
Tue Sep 14 10:11:23 CDT 2010

Thank you for the input Chris;
We are using Sangoma A101DE T1 and Sangoma A20400 8 FXS analog card with 35 Snom 320 handsets. I've heard the jitter earlier on when talking to a user directly (extension to extension) but assumed it was a network issue, I'm in Winnipeg and the user was in Calgary with the phones connecting to each other through a VPN.
We did have our trixbox on a different vlan than the handsets, putting them both on the same vlan allowed us to bypass the router completely and the problem has gotten much better but is still present. It is generally about 6 to 10 seconds of 'garbled' outbound audio after about 20min, just long enough to be annoying.  A user described it as sounding like someone talking underwater.
I'll contact Sangoma and see if maybe it is a driver or setting issue, no users have complained yet about this issue happening between extension, just with outside calls.
Mark

Mark Bergen
Network Support Analyst
ONLINE BUSINESS SYSTEMS
Explore | Innovate | Lead

200-115 Bannatyne Ave., Winnipeg MB  R3B 0R3
mbergen at obsglobal.com<mailto:mbergen at obsglobal.com> |  Direct Line: 204.982-0218